Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Rattus Diary 2011


RATTUS DIARY 2011:
Rat In, Rat Out



December 31, 2011: Farewell to 2011 and to three well loved rats
Just when the year was coming to an end, three rats died:
Pikachu (12/19/2010 - 11/17/2011)
Salome (02/24/2011 - 12/17/2011)
Herodias (04/28/2011 - 12/20/2011)

The three rats are survived by their mother Sieglinde, who is still healthy and active at one and a half years old.



October 14, 2011: Last day of Rattus Tour

We are near the end of the school semester. Thank you so much to everyone who had shown interest and curiosity with rats as great adorable pets!


October 8, 2011: Fun photo shoot
I must admit, I'm not that creative, but I'd like to take my first step to create better rat photos. Since I'm on a low budget, this is what materialized of my whole day of looking around for props in Divisoria. Click here for the complete album.



October 7, 2011: The first ever litter of HERODIAS
She is a black hooded rat bred with Pandanus, a roan champagne husky. All nine born lived, with 3 males and 6 females. 8 of them are hooded, but I don't know yet with that pink-eyed one... it could be an albino or a champagne. I will keep that one male with a nice hood. Click here to see the full album.



September 8, 2011: First ever 'Rattus Tour' @ San Sebastian College
There's no better way of getting exposure for the rats, than to bring them to school and promote a positive awareness about rats as intelligent, loving and wholesome pets. I will be saying goodbye to my school pretty soon, so this might as well be my last chance to tour them around. Click here to see the photo album.


September 11, 2011: New husky rat
Sunday. Today is rat meet-up to get my new husky rat. He has a ruby eye, so I can possibly work out a 'badger', 'husky' or any dilute colors from the R-gene.

August 28, 2011: Colors confirmed
Sunday. We have 2 agouti berks (male and female), 3 hooded agoutis (female), 3 hooded (champagne, amber, male & female), and 3 berks (amber = 2 male, champagne = 1 female). I will be keeping 3 or 4, while the rest are already reserved for prospective buyers.

August 21, 2011: New rare colors from Koko and Salome
Sunday. I am expecting agoutis and dilute colors from this litter.

June 6, 2011: Happy 1st birthday to three rat siblings!
Monday. Reggie, Siegmund and Sieglinde were born on June 1st, but we're celebrating our birthdays together today. Early in the morning, I bought some choco rolls and pastries; but I think one slice of choco roll would suffice. The rest of the pastries is mine... MINE!... greedy me, hahaha!  :)  Please click here for the bday rats' album.


April 23, 2011: Playing in water (with the turtles)
Saturday...



April 4, 2011: WORLD RAT DAY MANLA
Monday. Time to go out and spread the word about WRD! I visited the police station and went to the mall to get some exposure and talk to people. (Oh my, don't they think I'm crazy!). It was satisfying, but it has to be bigger next year!   :)   Please click here to see the Rat Day album.

March 9, 2011: Roan husky rat revealed!
Saturday. Okay, with white spots previously appearing at first, Panda's coat is slowly fading into all-white by now. The problem solves itself: now I know it's a roan husky rat!  :)     Please click here to see Panda's album.

February 24, 2011: EDSA babies
Thursday. Celebration of the EDSA Revolution of 1986 happens tomorrow. But for today, let's just celebrate our healthy litter. Click here to go to photo album.

February 18, 2011: RIP Pepper  :(
Friday. Somewhere over the rainbow bridge... you will meet your brothers and sisters. See you in the next lifetime baby...

February 9, 2011: Rattus Pandanus changing coat color?!
Wednesday. Tonight, he is no longer as grey as he first arrived. Would I be right to presume that it's now 'champagne'? Please click here to see Panda's album.

January 9, 2011: Pepper's 1st bday
Sunday. Pepper has been unwell since October. But with the Herbal Barley that I have been giving him since then, together with eucalyptus vapor, his breathing did improve. Happy birthday and wishing you longevity and good health! Click here for the photo album.


January 6, 2011: Rattus Pandanus here... nice to meet you all!
His marking was a strange find at first; even the shop owners did not know what he was. Because of his scent, I named him after the fragrant culinary plant called 'Pandanus amaryllifolius' (Screw Pine). Maybe we can find out what this marking is if I ask some of my rat friends out there... Please click here to see Panda's album.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...